Analyst Researcher Position for Recent Grad with IHS Energy Advisory Service
Under general supervision, the Analyst/Researcher is a core member of the Energy Advisory Service (EAS) catering insight on global oil and gas markets to financial clients. His/her primary role will be to help the team prepare and produce analyses of oil and gas trends. Scope of responsibilities would include maintaining databases, working on specific research projects and written reports or presentations for financial services clients.
General Job Duties:
· Support hands-on analysis for IHS Energy Advisory Service research team focusing on commodity markets, oil and refined products, gas and LNG market issues, geopolitics and market fundamentals.
· Assist the articulation of key industry issues, insights, and market outlooks via written reports and presentations
· Work on specific research projects and database development. Develop or run energy models to support analysis undertaken for research and consulting.
· Help create organized and user-friendly databases and capable of providing analysis that contributes to delivery of research reports and presentations
Prior academic or professional experience and knowledge of oil or gas markets are preferred (ideally 1-2 years of experience in relevant fields)
· Superb written and oral presentation skills in English.
· Strong quantitative skills and advanced proficiency in MS Excel required.
· Bachelor's degree in economics, political science, international relations or related fields. Graduate degree preferred.
· Outstanding academic record.
· Ability to work well in a team oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback.
· Highly organized, creative and proactive to ensure deadlines are met consistently with high quality output.