The intern will support higher education planning assignments and development advisory assignments. The learning objects from these assignments will be to develop a knowledge base and background in higher education administration, real estate market research, financial modeling, and transaction negotiation support.
- Assist project team members with the completion of planning, pre-development and/or implementation assignments
- Perform data collection and analysis to include focus group leading and reporting, in-person and telephone interviews, survey design and analysis, site analysis, space planning, financial modeling, and print and Internet research.
- Maintain project-related documents including drawings, project binders, client correspondences, meeting minutes, action items, invoices, and similar items
- Research, analyze and present project-related data to project managers and executives so that they may make informed decisions on methodologies, strategies, or required tasks
- Performs additional duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
- Must have a college degree or be a fourth year undergraduate student studying planning, higher education administration, accounting, finance, economics, real estate or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office skills, financial modeling, data analysis, and market research is highly desirable
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong proficiency in Excel is highly desired for this role, including prior experience with conditional formatting, VLookup, HLookup functions, IF statements and pro formas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting, prioritizing and responding to day-to-day issues as required.
- Detail-oriented yet capable of strategic thinking.
- Proven ability to work well with all levels and types of facility-related professionals.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity in supporting multiple managers.
- Ability to establish and accurately maintain data management and other record keeping systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction.
- Ability to be a proactive self-started who thrives within a team structure.