Internships are unpaid.
Responsibilities for the Japan program intern include:
- Provide high quality copy editing and research to program staff
- Write reports on seminars
- Assist in the coordination of program events
- Track developments regarding Japanese politics, the US-Japan alliance, changes in the Northeast Asian region, and Japan's relations with its neighbors
Generally, a strong candidate for this position will have:
- A strong interest in East Asian security and political issues
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality work in both research and administrative tasks
- Excellent analytical, research, and writing skills
- A record of academic excellence
- Although not required, some proficiency in Japanese is strongly recommended, as the successful intern frequently interacts with Visiting Fellows from Japan, who often require communication in Japanese
Full-time interns are highly preferred.
Apply here by February 12.