Education Abroad seeks a creative and self‐motivated Online Communications Intern to assist with developing an engaging and dynamic office personality and voice through various online channels.
The Online Initiatives Intern must demonstrate strong writing skills and creativity and be familiar with using social media platforms in a professional manner.
Position Responsibilities: This position will primarily focus on student engagement through online initiatives.
- Assist with daily posting on social media feeds and contribute to best practices for generating content that engages a student audience
- Track weekly statistics for social media channels to gauge student engagement
- Develop content for biweekly news‐oriented listserv that focus on office updates, program and student features, job and internship highlights, and campus events
- Assess previous Education Abroad photo contest and administer second annual photo contest during fall semester with new submission categories
- Initiate office campaigns that combine social media presence with in‐person outreach activities
- Support social media training for program faculty and staff
- Assist with generating student‐focused content for the Education Abroad website through initiatives such as the #TerpsAbroad student feature web page
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and manage projects to completion
- Proven record of dependability, punctuality and ability to work independently
- Strong writing skills
- Must be a responsible self‐starter with a friendly attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good academic standing and maintenance of a minimum 2.5 GPA
Hours: 8‐10 hours per week;
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Ruszczyk at email@example.com.