Our internship is a full-time, paid program designed to complement and enhance academic studies through participation in different assignments and professional responsibilities. Interns are selected to work in a specific practice area (Healthcare, Social Impact, Digital, Defense, Food & Nutrition, Corporate Reputation Management, among others) for the duration of the summer. Interns may be asked to draft press releases, assist at an event, communicate with the media, or perhaps participate in a brainstorming session. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities, we offer lunchtime seminars as well as a group client project to enhance the learning experience and provide greater exposure to the practice of Public Relations. Interns are assigned staff mentors to help guide and evaluate them through their professional experience and at the end of the program, our intern teams will present their project to various members of our staff.
- You must be a student or recent college graduate who received academic credit at an accredited college or university during the spring 2016 semester with a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Rising junior, senior or recent college graduate preferred
- Available to work a full-time schedule. Business hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Cover letter and Resume - including GPA information
- Short answer (no more than 750 words each) to two of the following questions:
- Where do you think your greatest strength lies in the current communications landscape?
- Briefly describe one corporate reputation challenge which has recently received attention in media and give your opinion as to whether you believe it was managed well by the company and why, or what you would have done differently?
- Why do you believe Powell Tate should select you as an Intern?
Application deadline is March 31, 2016.
Interviews will take place in the second week of April.
The internship begins on Tuesday, May 31st, and ends on Friday, August 19th.