The Procurement & Administration division encompasses the Contracts & Acquisitions and Business Operations teams, supporting administrative functions in both the DCPS Central Office and schools. These teams work together to ensure staff and students have the supplies, materials, and support they need to be successful in their work and learning.
The Assistant, Business Operations (WAE) will provide support to the Business Operations Team in a variety of special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives telephone calls, visitors and guests to the office; and responds to and assists in resolving a variety of inquiries.
- Builds relationships and liaises with various internal departments to obtain information and collaborate on projects.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences, and appointments, as well as program/project-related logistics.
- Researches specific issues or inquiries regarding program- or project-related topics and reports back findings.
- Handles and follows up on inquiries and correspondence regarding outstanding actions, procedures and policies.
- Utilizes various computer programs to track data and create presentations, charts, graphs, tables, and memos.
- Reviews, logs, and disseminates mail, faxes, and other correspondences appropriately.
- Bachelor's degree and one to three years of related work experience.
- Previous exposures within the education sector a plus.
Click here to read more and to apply.