The Comcast Center Internship Program (CCIP) is an 11-week summer internship program. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. In this role you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
Additionally, you experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your cooperative experience
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Comcast's Corporate/Government Relations Communications team in Washington, D.C. creates and executes communications strategies that support the company's legislative and federal regulatory advocacy efforts and Washington, D.C. corporate reputation efforts. The Corporate/Government Relations Summer Intern will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate/Government Relations Communications and support the Corporate/Government Relations Communications team in general corporate communications activities that enhance and elevate the Comcast brand and corporate reputation amongst key audiences in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thinks strategically and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. S/he must be an excellent writer who can meet tight deadlines.
- Draft communications materials: blog posts, email pitches, etc.
- Compile targeted media lists/research reporters & bloggers
- Track and report media coverage surrounding specific announcements
- Help support and coordinate activities for special events
- Support other communications projects/duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's degree from a United States-based college or university with the Grad year of 2017 or 2018 (Sophomores, & Juniors).
- Major: Communications, Political Science
- Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Very strong MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Excel)