Edelman Berland is the strategic research arm of Edelman – the world’s largest privately owned PR firm – where we serve as strategic partners and consultants to a wide range of top-tier clients. Using the power of customized market research, Edelman Berland works closely with Edelman teams and clients to optimize their communications and marketing approach every step of the way.
We are seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual who is interested in learning the ins and outs of secondary market research. The research intern must possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to work effectively with a variety of permanent staff members within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite applications. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. S/he is expected to be working toward, or hold, a bachelor’s degree in a related field and to have interest in pursuing a career in writing, journalism, public relations or media analysis.
Responsibilities of Secondary Research Intern:
• Execute daily media monitoring responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner;
• Develop and display a solid understanding of media analysis and research methodologies;
• Assist permanent staff in all stages of the project management process from proposal writing to data analysis and presentation to clients;
• Participate and add value in client meetings/conference calls;
• Research, outline, write and edit report sections, PowerPoint presentations;
• Provide assistance with special projects/tasks as needed; and
• Provide general editorial and administrative support (knowledge of AP style is essential).
This is a truly unique opportunity for the right intern to gain hands-on experience and exposure with a cutting-edge, rapidly growing, dynamic team within Edelman. This intern will be working for high-profile clients, on a broad array of interesting research projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated, hardworking individual who is interested in learning the ins and outs of market research (both qualitative and quantitative). Candidates must be naturally curious and have a passion for understanding human behavior while becoming an expert with our tools of measurement, customized surveys and communities.
Responsibilities of the Primary Research Intern:
- Support Edelman Berland staff on a variety of research projects from proposal writing through reporting;
- Participate in internal and client meetings/conference calls;
- Assist with the development of proposals, questionnaires, focus group/IDI guides and reports;
- Prepare research reports, including chart/table creation, crosstab building/analysis and data entry;
- Quality check client-facing documents as well as survey programming and data processing; and,
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
Edelman Berland is a global, full-service market research firm that provides corporate, non-profit and government clients with strategic intelligence to make their communications and engagements with stakeholders the smartest they can be. The firm specializes in qualitative and quantitative research, measurement, tracking and analysis in reputation, branding and communications. Edelman Berland is part of Edelman, the world’s largest public relations company. Edelman Berland has more than 100 employees in offices around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.edelmanberland.com/.
• Quick learner with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• High interest in news, media and current events
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Competent in Microsoft Office
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-past environment
• Familiarity with Factiva and digital monitoring software is not required, but would be a significant plus