Chemonics seeks a Washington, D.C.-based project associate to provide day-to-day support to project teams and contribute to proposal development for a USAID-funded project in Afghanistan. Our country portfolio spans technical sectors that include agriculture, trade, financial access and management, gender, and early education. We offer a fast-paced environment that is dynamic and full of challenging opportunities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and who demonstrate the qualities of leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Monitor project finances and budgeting
• Assist with procurement and grant-related project activities.
• Recruit local staff
• Provide administrative and financial support to overseas project staff
• Organize and maintain project records
• Process field reports, including time and expense reports and other client-related reports.
• Participate in new business roles
• Bachelor's degree in international development or relevant technical field required
• At least one year work experience
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills
• Proven problem-solver with exceptional attention to detail
• Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-moving team
• Previous experience in conflict or post-conflict areas, especially Afghanistan, is highly preferred
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Willingness to travel to Afghanistan is required
Apply here. Application deadline March 7.