USAID’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) is seeking a Grants Intern to work with OFDA’s Grants Unit. OFDA's mandate is to save lives, alleviate suffering, and reduce the economic impact of disasters. OFDA is the lead coordinator of U.S. Government responses to disasters in foreign countries. OFDA works to minimize the human costs of displacement, conflicts and natural disasters. The Grants Unit performs a crucial function in supporting disaster mitigating activities around the world. The Grants Intern will support the grants team in the timely delivery of crucial grant funding.
- Assist with Grants Unit operation, documentation, updating files and templates.
- Be trained on GLAAS system and support the Grants Unit through data entry into GLAAS. Other duties as assigned.
- Review and record all incoming requisitions and pass onto OFDA grant specialists.
- Organize the official grant files for year-end audits.
- Utilizes Abacus Program Planning, Tracking & Monitoring System to share grant information with USAID.
- Other duties as required.
Job Knowledge: Good knowledge and/or experience with International and U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO).
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Foreign language and international experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Professional level skills in both oral and written communication.
- Previous experience with grants is preferred.
We are seeking to fill this internship immediately. This position requires a full-time commitment for 3 months, Monday through Friday - 40 hours per week.