New America’s Open Technology Institute seeks enthusiastic, motivated college/graduate students or individuals with equivalent experience for internships for summer 2016 in our Washington, DC office. Applicants must be passionate about tech policy and interested in learning about complex issues in a fast-paced environment. Internships are for pay unless credit is required.
- Contribute research, writing, technical or web/software development expertise (as appropriate) to projects that may include a broad range of Internet policy issues, including but not limited to net neutrality, broadband access and adoption, cybersecurity, government surveillance, Internet governance, copyright reform, and consumer privacy;
- Conduct in-depth research and writing on a variety of topics;
- Identify and analyze emerging issues in tech policy;
- Assist with administrative tasks and event staffing;
- Other tasks as directed.
Ideal candidates for the internship position will possess the following characteristics:
- Current student at accredited college or university or possessing relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated interest in relevant technology or policy work
- Research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Technical knowledge of Internet related tools and infrastructure a plus.
Submit a resume, one-page cover letter, a brief writing sample, and if applicable a link to your coding samples and/or portfolio. Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis. Apply here.