AJ is a world-class communications design agency. We have expertise in planning, designing, activating and measuring strategic communications campaigns, live events and meetings, and digital/mobile engagements. Our audience first philosophy lives at the heart of every project and drives the successful implementation of our client’s message or action. We serve clients ranging from major corporations and brands to nonprofits, and we’ve produced programs in 18 countries across five continents.
About the Position: Summer interns will be integrated into the teams and projects that best match their skill sets and desired areas of focus. Interns have the option to apply for an internship specifically in creative, production or account management — or may choose an internship experience that combines all three disciplines.
What You Can Expect:
- Daily responsibilities will range from supporting internal initiatives and organizational functions, to hands-on work with AJ teams on strategic, creative and production-focused projects.
- Interns are often involved in client-facing situations which provide real-world exposure, and may be asked to travel for meetings and events, depending on location and internship focus.
Skills & Requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has an interest in communications, events, creative/design, production and/or digital+social+mobile.
- Will be a rising junior or senior this summer (2016). Please note that we are NOT accepting internship applications from graduating seniors at this time.
- Should be proactive and eager to work and learn in a collaborative environment.
- Exhibits strong writing capabilities.
- Can multitask across assignments.
- Has had exposure to the agency world.
- This is a paid position.
- The internship dates are flexible, but we like interns to spend 10-14 weeks with us.
- This position affords the chance for August Jackson and its interns to evaluate each other with the possibility of a full-time position after graduation.
- We LOVE cover letters that tell us why we should hire you! Send us your very best one!
Interested? Please apply by 6:00 pm EST on Monday, February 15, 2016. We will contact those selected to move to the next round with further details after reviewing all applications.