The Research, Evaluation and Learning (REL) Unit helps the IRC serve people with the most effective and efficient programs suited to a particular context. The REL unit supports the IRC to use existing research to inform strategic plans and develop high-quality intervention models based evidence around what works. We also build capacity of staff to interpret and apply existing research and to conduct evaluations.
The Program Assistant position is a new role created to provide core research and administrative support in the areas of travel, communications, procurement, and budget management. The post will be based in the New York HQ office. The position is a full-time post for one year and may be extended depending on funding.
The Program Assistant will provide research and administrative support to the REL unit. This position reports directly to the Program Officer for REL.
* Core Research Support
* Support research team in core activities, including developing and maintaining a research project tracking system
* Contribute to the development and rollout of guidelines and tools to support research processes and partnerships
* Conduct literature review searches and other research administration tasks
* Manage REL documents / resources and serve as a key resource to IRC staff seeking information regarding research and evaluation activities
* Core Administrative Support
* Scheduling and administrative assistance to Senior Director, REL
* Comparing and choosing sites for events; sourcing venues, obtaining quotes for services, reviewing contracts, finalizing all procurement requirements
* Coordinating content and developing conference materials
* Reserving and booking flights, booking accommodation, procuring visas (including completing paperwork where possible), liaising where necessary with IRC Country Program staff to arrange in-country travel logistics.
* Assist in onboarding new hires
* Scheduling REL meetings and conference rooms
* Budget and finance
* Processing and tracking payments and reimbursements
* Expenditure tracking for grants and operations
* Support the REL Grants Coordinator to track annual budgets, provide reforecasts, check expenditures for accuracy, follow up and correct errors in the BVAs. Create and update portfolio documents tracking all grants.
* Serve as the focal point for procurement requests
* Manage the administration of procurements
* Tracking and initiating procurement requests
* Tracking and initiating requests related to hiring consultants
* Assist the Policy and Communications Officer in maintaining and updating content on Rescuenet
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maximize efficiency of REL through providing strong research and administrative support in the areas of budget and finance, logistics, procurement, and communications.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* At least 2 years of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO).
* Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and ability to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and work on a virtual team;
* Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment, anticipate issues before they arise, and problem solve creatively with minimal guidance;
* Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required;
* Excellent Computer skills: proficient in all MS Office, and some knowledge of database management and website development would be an asset.