Generation No Kid Hungry:
Provide support for the online community, Generation No Kid Hungry including, but not limited to:
- Updates to GenerationNoKidHungry.org content, actions, resources and support in ensuring the stackla feed is current.
- Respond to youth-related inquires through email info boxes and hotlines and ensuring the submissions from online web forms are handled within 24 hours.
- Supports specific projects in 2016, including Youth Service America’s Global Youth Service Day.
- Provide support for youth-driven projects.
- Provide engagement ideas and stay current on trends, articles, etc. that can be leveraged via social media to better engage Generation No Kid Hungry in real time. Working in concert with the social media team.
- Opportunity to create and adapt content for Tumblr page, including sourcing content from members of Generation No Kid Hungry and the Youth Ambassador program.
Youth Ambassador Program:
Provide support for the Youth Ambassador Program, our internship program where we place college students with our community partners on the ground, including, but not limited to:
- Support the day-to-day program activities for the program including:
- Serving as a point of contact for Youth Ambassadors in the field
- Schedule trainings and google hangouts to provide professional development and a weekly touch point for Youth Ambassadors to share their experiences from the field.
- Send reminders and updates so that Youth Ambassadors meet the program requirements.
- Leverage stories collected from the field for Generation No Kid Hungry content and blog content.
- Preparing a final report for the program funder.
- Support the partner and applicant recruitment process (depends on timing of hire).
- Work in concert with the design team to create a program one-pager.
- Provide internal updates around the Youth Ambassador Program as requested.
- Administrative tasks and other day-to-day duties
Youth Engagement Team Support:
Provide administrative support for the team including, but not limited to:
- Support Youth Engagement volunteers with their volunteer & fundraising efforts including but not limited to Bake Sales, Birthday fundraising and youth-driven volunteer projects. Provide volunteers with resources, tips and encouragement.
- Collect and share participant stories with Manager, Grassroots Advocacy and Youth Engagement and with members of the social media team for us in PR, social media and other marketing avenues.
- Provide additional administrative support for programs and events.
- Administrative tasks and other day-to-day duties.
- Rising college Sophomore to Senior or recent graduate;
- Organized, self-motivated and flexible;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Excellent and proven research and writing skills;
- Interest in non-profits, fundraising, hunger, nutrition and/or children;
- Available to work 20-40 hours per week;
- Experience with Convio or Raisers Edge an added plus;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.