TITLE: Grants Team Intern
DESIRED START DATE: June 1, 2016
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 30-40
LOCATION: Washington, DC
COMPENSATION: $500 stipend
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic Grants team. The Grants team is responsible for identifying and selecting highly qualified organizations to receive playground grant funding or Creative Play Product Grants. The Grants Intern will work closely with the Grants team to support the grant program portfolio, conduct outreach for prospective applicants, reach out to past grantees and provide administrative support.
- Process, review, and evaluate grant applications and materials
- Make recommendations for grant awards
- Coordinate contract creation and administer awards (pending approval of the grants manager)
- Maintain records in database system (Salesforce)
- Prepare special reports, studies and analysis
- Participate and/or assists in special projects, and perform associated administrative duties, as assigned
- Develop a good working understanding of each program's goals and strategies
- With Grants Managers, monitor applications as they move through the review process, and identify and collect outstanding application materials
- Conduct research and outreach to identify prospective grant applicants
- Create stories about grantee impact for external use
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Nonprofit Management, Communications, Marketing, Construction Management, etc.), strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work between 24-40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks May through August 2016
- Ability to secure their own lodging/housing
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kid's lives. To apply for this position or to see other internship opportunities visit http://kaboom.applicantpro.com/jobs/