Closes Friday 4/1/2016
Salary Range$43,684 to $56,790 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-0399-07/07
The Office of Performance and Personnel Management (OPPM) leads the Administration's efforts to achieve government-wide performance improvements, manages the government's performance framework to improve the use of performance information in decision making, and coordinates agency Performance Improvement Officers. OPPM also works closely with the Office of Personnel Management to advance effective personnel practices and formulate the President's budget request for personnel.
This position will support OPPM's Performance Team, which is responsible for leading implementation of the Federal government's performance management framework as established by the GPRA Modernization Act and OMB Circular A-11. This includes supporting effective implementation of the Cross-Agency and Agency Priority Goals and associated reviews, agency strategic planning and annual strategic reviews, and performance reporting policy and oversight of Performance.gov. In addition, the Performance Team is responsible for delivering effective government-wide solutions to priority challenges which cut across agencies and programs by providing policy analysis and developing proposals to improve program performance.
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program (diploma, certificate, etc.) in an accredited/qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis. Applicants who do not meet the definition of "student," will not be considered. This is a year-round internship with the intent that the student will work at least 640 hours while still in school in order to be eligible for non-competitive conversion. At the successful conclusion of this program, you may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position. Conversion is not guaranteed.
ATTENTION: Due to the large number of qualified applicants for positions of this type, this job announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on either: (A) The closing date listed above or (B) The date that 50 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the announcement closes on the date that 50 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59pm that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 50.
- Since this position has an educational requirement, you must submit unofficial transcripts or your school enrollment letter In order to be considered.
Student intern trainees prepare information for use by the President, OMB officials, Congress, and the public, and work closely with others in OMB and other Federal agencies, often under short deadlines.
The ideal candidate would be someone with a background or an interest in public administration, business administration, and public policy. Students studying public administration, business administration, or public policy with a particular focus on Federal management are particularly encouraged to apply. Strong organizational skills, communication (oral and written) skills, analytic ability, and dependability are a must. The potential duration of the internship is 1-2 years.
The student will be assigned to OMB's Performance Team and will be responsible for a combination of professional, analytic, and administrative work. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide analysis and recommendations to identify and overcome barriers to organizational performance improvement across programs and agencies.
· Support OMB's collection and analysis of information from agencies, including information related to agency performance and risk management.
· Provide logistical support for the management processes required by the GPRA Modernization Act, such as the annual strategic reviews and quarterly reviews of priority goals.
· Coordinate assignments on behalf of the Performance Team to ensure accuracy and consistency with Administration policy.
· Manage information flows within the Performance Team, including overseeing the office's internal file management systems, website, calendars, and other support systems.
· Support Performance Team operations and other duties as assigned.