Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 3 Months (12-15 hours/week)
Reports to: Global Communications Officer
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian organization and home to teams of humanitarian and development professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world's most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: The Communications and Philanthropy Intern is part of a communications team that promotes RI’s humanitarian work worldwide, with a particular emphasis on raising RI’s public profile through digital and traditional media. The department also crafts fundraising campaigns and donor materials.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist Global Communications Officer with writing website content
- Collaborate with communications department on production and design of RI’s promotional materials
- Help build online presence on social media
- Support online fundraising efforts
- Help coordinate donor relations
- Assist with additional duties and support departmental needs as requested
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Availability for at least 12 hours a week minimum, M-F varied schedule;
- BA in journalism or related field strongly preferred. Current enrollment in programs related to these fields and completed relevant coursework also acceptable;
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities;
- Experience with software tools used for print and online design preferred (Adobe Photoshop and InDesign)
- Energetic and assertive work-related attitude;
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide design and communication ideas;
- Ability to work independently and on a team, with strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, resourcefully and strategically to maximize the communication team’s contribution to RI’s mission.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
To apply, visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=5&rid=777