- Research a variety of topics and information for the Development Team. Assist in creating/writing items and identifying resources that support the proposal and submission process that may also be used in grants, articles, and other materials. Assist with identification, research, and dissemination of potential funding sources specific to their areas of interest to Alliance staff.
- Assist in maintaining and tracking a complete central repository of Alliance-related Development materials through Salesforce. Support the maintenance and tracking of all filings related to the Alliance grant activities, including foundation search engines, philanthropy databases and publications, government listings, etc.
- Liaise with Alliance project teams on Development-related issues, providing support materials as requested. Serves as support to the Sr. Development Associate that ensures program teams are submitting accurate progress reports and financial materials to donors on time.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders on the Alliance’s state registrations for charitable organization status.
- Reconcile expense reports for the Development and Finance departments, and ensures that the data from each department remains consistent.
- Assist with Stakeholder Engagement Team projects as necessary, which includes helping with the Associates corporate membership program and giving.
The internship begins June 8, 2016 and extends through August 26, 2016 (end date negotiable) at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The intern will be paid ($11.50/hour). This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load during the internship term.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to establish and follow routine processes and procedures
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and changing priorities
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills
- Exercises initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision
- Superior judgment and diplomacy skills
- Skills in designing resource tools, materials and presentations for writing proposals
- Confidence and skill in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to collaborate with different levels of the organization, both internally and externally