The Project Assistant will be an integral part of the US team supporting general administrative tasks within projects, events and communications including, but not limited to:
- Updating and creating new content for the British Council USA website
- Disseminating content via social media, including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Assisting with occasional press releases and their distribution
- Creating guest lists for events and updating contact databases
- Supporting occasional British Council/British Embassy events outside of normal business hours
- Project management
- Desk research, general administrative tasks
- General duties
- Assisting the Director of the British Council USA with occasional diary management and meeting scheduling
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Willingness to take initiative and focus on completing tasks swiftly and professionally
- Ability to learn quickly and independently on the job, while paying close attention to detail
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to write in a concise, non-academic style
- Enthusiasm and passion for the work of the British Council, and an understanding of our mission
- Previous internship or office work experience
- Knowledge of public diplomacy, international affairs and/or international education
- Professionalism necessary for high profile events and interaction with senior contacts
- A full-time university senior, graduate student, or recent graduate
- Enrolled, or recently graduated, in good academic standing at an accredited college or university
- Able to commit to working 20 hours per week for an agreed period (hours can be flexible depending on commitments)
- Experience of studying or living abroad, preferably in the UK, desirable but not necessary.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards.*.
If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy atwww.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zbdgz3cnzs