This 7 week paid program will allow you to gain experience in marketing, product development, sales, technology, or editorial content. In addition to gaining valuable firsthand work experience, you will have the opportunity to network and learn from senior leaders, participate in developmental programs and experience the excitement of working in the heart of Washington D.C. (June 13 - July 29).
- Supporting corporate teams with market competitive analyses, lead generation, content generation, and technical optimization
- Working closely with the corporate teams to design and execute analyses for our publications and marketing campaigns
- Assisting with the analysis associated with the launch of new products
- Assessing the performance of existing products and services
- Final year of study for Bachelor’s degree, with stellar academic record
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- An general understanding of Internet and general marketing methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel and Word)
- Ability to conceptualize a plan and then the diligence to execute it in a detailed manner
- Desire to work hard in an exciting and emerging Internet-based marketplace
- Excellent academic credentials (transcript required)
- A strong sense of organization, with attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Completed submission of essay question via video or written essay below:
You have just been selected to participate in the One Million Dollar Challenge contest.
Here are the rules: There will be a total of 10 participants. You and the 9 other competitors will each receive one million dollars and one staff person. Over the next year you will be given the opportunity to use these two resources to grow your initial one million dollar investment. At the end of one year, the participant who has the most money in the bank will get to keep all of the money including the initial investment. The other nine participants will have to return any money/assets they have left from the competition.
How will you spend the next year?
Please submit your answer in 500 words or less.
Through this program, interns will learn the basics of digital media including subscriber growth and satisfaction metrics, ad sales and support, and business performance analysis. Interns will report directly into a mentor who will guide them through the analyses, and also have direct access to Senior Leaders.
SmartBrief is a leading online business news publisher, with more than 200 industry-specific email newsletters to 5 million subscribers. By combining our proprietary technology with human intelligence, we deliver digestible information to keep industry decision-makers abreast of their industries.