The CSIS Proliferation Prevention Program is currently seeking two research interns for the summer 2016 term (June-August 2016). The Proliferation Prevention Program conducts independent research and analysis on a broad range of nuclear issues, including nuclear security, nuclear nonproliferation, arms control and nuclear governance. Current topics include, but are not limited to, the Iranian nuclear deal, North Korean nuclear threat, nuclear energy cooperation and management of the nuclear fuel cycle. Due to our fast-paced work environment, interns should be motivated self-starters able to engage in a wide variety of research/writing assignments and programmatic tasks. Essential functions may include the following:
• Providing research support on long-term projects and short-term assignments related to nuclear nonproliferation, arms control, nuclear energy, and nuclear security.
• Drafting and updating background briefs on various WMD-related topics.
• Monitoring news stories and analysis for the daily news roundup.
• Proofreading and editing written work.
• Attending and taking notes at program-related events in Washington.
• Planning and implementing logistics for events, workshops, and other functions.
• Managing the program’s Twitter account.
• Must be at least a college junior in good standing, an advanced student, or a recent graduate.
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to complete multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
• Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with social media a plus.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong research and writing skills.
• Must have a serious interest in nonproliferation issues. Prior academic work or work experience on program-related topics preferred.
• Full-time applicants (35 hours per week) preferred.
Interested applicants, please apply at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com/. Applicants must include the following:
1. A cover letter and resume in one PDF document.
2. A double-spaced, 3-5 page writing sample, preferably on a topic relevant to the program.
3. A college and/or graduate school transcript.
4. Contact information for two professional or academic references.
More information here.