The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program staff at American Councils is responsible for the administration of 24 program sites in 14 languages. The CLS summer institutes administered by American Councils offer intensive overseas language programs for approximately 550 undergraduate and graduate students from the United States.
The CLS Program is currently seeking to fill two intern positions for summer 2016. CLS interns work closely with a team of fourteen staff members to assist in all administrative aspects of the CLS program. One intern will be assigned to work exclusively with alumni programming.
Both internship positions are paid. Resumes will be reviewed beginning April 26, 2016 until the positions are filled.
· Assist in the management of participant documents and data, including online registration systems;
· Assist with social media management and development;
· Work with program alumni to prepare content for various publications and update alumni records;
· Clean and normalize participant and alumni data;
· Assist summarizing reports;
· Categorize, evaluate, and organize media assets (photos and videos);
· Assist in recruitment and outreach activities to Universities and Colleges;
· Perform routine clerical tasks (filing, copying, faxing);
· Gather information required for the compilation of grant reports; and
· Assist with larger long-term projects as needed.
Anticipated Internship Dates:
· Working towards a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in international education, international studies, or a related field of study;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities effectively;
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; detail-oriented;
· Interest in international education, alumni programming, and/or foreign language acquisition; and
· Foreign-language skills a plus, but not required.
Position contingent upon funding. Review of applications will begin on May 2, 2016 and continue until positions are filled. Apply here.