You color-code, you organize, you never let things slip through the cracks. As a Coordinator, you serve the support function for one of our business divisions. Ensuring things are running smoothly and deadlines are being met. Don’t worry…we have enough post-it notes to go around.
The Role in Brief:
As an Advisory Board team member, the Coordinator will gain experience and expertise within the Company. The Coordinator will serve an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource, and key point of contact. Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
- Manage and maintain department leads calendars and daily schedules
- Assist in arranging special events, functions, meetings, and lunches
- Act as internal and external liaison for several departments in the firm
- Act as a liaison to Career Management by helping schedule interviews for external candidates with senior leadership
- Track expenses and submit expense reports on a regular basis
- Manage teleconferences
- Assist with collateral creation on an as needed basis
- Coordinate travel and itineraries on an as needed basis
- Provide other administrative and operational support to senior leadership including scheduling both internal and external meetings and calls on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Customer service experience
- Administrative support experience
- Experience working in an office
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with little day-to-day manager oversight
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively in-person, by e-mail, and by phone with senior executives
- Discretion with sensitive material and communications
About The Advisory Board Company:
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global technology, research and consulting firm partnering with 238,000 leaders in 4,200+ organizations across health care and higher education. We combine the expertise of our 3,000+ employees around the world to find solutions to the most pressing challenges in health care. Our performance technology products offer user-friendly, Web-enabled dashboard platforms with tremendous analytic capabilities that generate more than $700 million in realized value annually for our members. These solutions focus on strategically important areas, including physician alignment, revenue cycle, accountable care, and surgical profitability. We thrive on innovation and the knowledge that we are creating real change in an industry that matters to everyone.
We are a workplace that…
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Our Culture & Values:
We think Forbes said it best: “Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about.” We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are asked to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based our values and principles. Eavesdrop on a conversation among Advisory Board teammates--or a performance review, or a planning session – and you're likely to hear phrases such as "running toward criticism" and "the power of language" used with sincerity and even passion. We function on a meritocracy – we award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a high bar for talent, a performance-driven staff, and peers that constantly challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm – and make an impact in industries that matter to everyone.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 14+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one
Learn more and apply at Careers4Terps.