The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking a Government Relations & Communications Intern or Project Assistant to assist with online and other communications.
• Research, write, edit and update content on NDI.org;
• Create posts, albums and shareable content for NDI's social media platforms;
• Assist with the preparation and distribution of materials electronically;
• Liaise with NDI's regional and functional teams for development of website content;
• Add resources to NDI's online document library;
• Help monitor blogs, social networking and reference websites for topics related to the Institute's programs or field of work and assist with related strategic online communications;
• Contribute to the public affairs team by taking the lead on other projects as assigned;
• Arrange logistics for occasional meetings and NDI events; and
• Assist with coordinating public affairs coverage of NDI events, including live-streaming, taking photos and distributing informational materials.
• Pursuing or earned a degree in communications, international relations or related course of study;
• Demonstrated educational or professional background in political science, democracy assistance, international relations, international development, interactive communications or related topics;
• Excellent writing skills for both online and offline audiences;
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to work collaboratively and handle multiple assignments;
• Experience in the following highly desirable: HTML, Adobe Indesign and Photoshop, website content management systems, Google Apps, social media best practices and basic visual editing software; and
• Experience with graphic design and video editing preferred.
This is a paid internship. We are currently recruiting for a May start to a three month period, with option to renew. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events at NDI. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more and apply at Careers4Terps.