Paid Policy & Research Summer Internship with the Alliance to Save Energy
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking an organized, attentive, and motivated Policy & Research Intern. The ideal candidate has strong writing and communication skills, an interest in energy policy, and the ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Duties will include:
· Conducting research and data collection on a wide variety of topics, including federal energy management, building energy codes, vehicle fuel economy, tax incentives, energy efficiency in the electrical sector, etc.
· Supporting the team’s work in summarizing and analyzing legislation.
· Attending and covering Congressional hearings and other events.
· Tracking federal legislation.
· Maintaining contact information databases.
· Assembling advocacy packets and other materials.
· Drafting letters, fact sheets, and other documents.
· Staffing front desk and answering phones.
Required skills and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects/assignments
· Self-motivated and dependable.
· Intellectual curiosity and an interest in energy efficiency policy.
· Comfort with initiating professional interactions with Congressional staff and Alliance Associates.
The internship begins June 1 and runs through mid-August (date flexible depending on start of Fall semester) at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The internship will be paid ($11.50/hour). This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load during the internship term.Application instructions:
Please attach a cover letter and writing sample with your resume. Cover letters can be addressed to "Internship Coordinators." Final candidates will be asked to take a writing test. No phone calls, please.