Paid Summer Outreach and Project Support Intern with Tetra Tech in Arlington
Tetra Tech ARD (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is accepting applications for a well-qualified Outreach and Project Support Intern for our Communications and Marketing team. The Intern will learn more about and support program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This position will be based in Tetra Tech ARD’s satellite office in Arlington, Virginia.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week: duration is at least three months. Application deadline is April 27, 2016, and the Internship will start Monday, June 6, 2016.
* Assist the Outreach and Communications Specialist with coordinating logistics for DC-based thought leadership events;
* Support business development team with descriptions of past performance and targeted marketing efforts;
* Organize and manage inventory of marketing materials and Tt-branded giveaways for the Arlington office;
* Assist the Outreach and Communications Specialist with generation of social media content from the field;
* Provide assistance to USAID-funded project implementation teams in coordination with other Tetra Tech units;
* Support sector efforts to strengthen field-based knowledge management via cross-learning and collaboration between projects; and
* Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, helping coordinate materials for external and internal events, career fairs; attending meetings and webinars and reporting back; providing general project support as needed.
* Recently completed or in progress Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in international relations, international development, public relations, communications, or a related field required;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in international relations, international development, public relations, communications, or a related field strongly preferred;
* Clear and effective communications skills, especially across cultures and hierarchies absolutely required;
* Consistently strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through required;
* Knowledge of international donor development projects, especially USAID-funded projects desired;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural communications skills critical;
* Applied experience in MS Office Suite;
* Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator; and
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process by April 27, 2016:
* A letter of application explaining qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV or resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.