A community-based partnership organization, now more than 100 members strong, the DC Collaborative works to promote quality arts and humanities education for all DC public and chartered public schools. Working with our partners, the DC Collaborative produces such exemplary programs as Arts for Every Student and Professional Development initiatives.
Interns are involved in supporting the work of the staff with programmatic, communications and development needs. Interns are also involved in supporting the logistical and administrative functions and work to support the daily activities necessary to manage a small non-profit. Internships are available in the following areas:
- Identify potential funding leads.
- Assist with grant writing to prepare proposals in response to RFPs.
- Assist in preparing reports for funders.
- Maintain electronic archives of development correspondence and activities.
- Assist with development of e-newsletter, other e-announcements and press releases.
- Update website and social media content.
- Complete various mailings for the DC Collaborative events and donor solicitations.
- Work with staff to produce necessary documents for successful program implementation.
- Assist staff with the program upload into AFES online registration database.
- Analyze program and survey reports to complete statistics for the Arts for Every Student and Professional Development programs.
- Process Member dues invoicing.
General Administrative Duties
Please submit a resume, cover letter and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating "Summer 2016 Internship Application" in the subject line of your email.