Under the supervision of the Grant Development Manager, our summer intern will have the opportunity to pursue research in one of UPA’s development sectors, namely health and wellness, education and community development, exploring new areas of need or deepening one of our existing areas of focus. A successful project will help UPA assess its focus, the effectiveness of its programs and the extent of its involvement in specific areas over time. The intern will also be expected to present his or her research to members of the staff and other experts in the field and receive feedback. Interns are highly encouraged to attend relevant lectures and other events in the DC area.
In addition to a research project, the intern will support the outreach and grant writing staff. Our goal is to provide interns with a meaningful experience that builds their resume and gives them an inside look at working with a development organization.
Summary of Intern Duties
- Conduct and present research to UPA
- Support daily grant writing and outreach functions as needed
- Attend events relevant to Palestinian development in DC
- Commitment of at least 15 hours per week for at least 8 weeks
- Strong research and writing skills
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 out of 4.0
- Completion of at least two years of college with a focus on relevant fields of study (e.g., political science, economics, international relations, Middle East studies, Arabic)
- Demonstrated interest in the Middle East and/or Palestinian issues
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Reliability and punctuality
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferred but not required
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Internship".
- Cover letter explaining your qualifications, the development sector you are most interested in and the dates and times when you would be available
- Resume, including two references