Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
Position Type: Full time
The Coordinator for the Conservation Content and Partnerships Department is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Department by supporting the Senior Director and staff. In addition to scheduling, preparing documents and communications and filing, the Coordinator will perform office management and general administrative functions such as financial recording keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies and working on special projects. The Coordinator will have autonomy to plan, prioritize and organize a highly diversified workload as it provides support for the Department’s key project areas of Conservation Academy, Conservation Conference, managing partnerships for WHC and implementing site-based projects.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conservation Academy: manages calendars, timelines, course set-up/tracking and evaluation, answers questions on courses and participation, assists with on-line events and works with presenters to ensure program quality and technological access.
- Works with Senior Director and Manager to secure speakers for conferences, workshops and on-line learning
- Conservation Conference: organizes call for papers, able to act as liaison to hotel and vendors, organizes and tracks evaluation, coordinates meetings, assists with award process
- Works across departments to update websites and communicate event information and to support details of building successful projects and partnerships
- Scheduling meetings, organizing mailing lists and organizing travel and activities related to project areas.
- Organizing and submitting billings and timesheets
- Discretion to handle confidential information
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to email@example.com
WHC is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
View this posting on our website at: http://www.wildlifehc.org/about-us/careers/
Required Qualifications, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Associates Degree with 2-4 years’ experience in administrative position
• Ability to work independently and yet be highly effective as a team member
• Must be detail-oriented with proficient communication skills
• Computer skills must include MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desired Qualifications, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Ability to learn basics of conservation and education (if not already a competency)
• Knowledge of Go-to-Meeting or similar communications software advantageous