Interns will assist the Education Department with enriching and extending the Newseum experience for learners of all ages by creating educational materials for outreach programs. They will be required to adhere to Education Department practices and procedures.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Work with the Senior Education Manager and Outreach Coordinator to identify, develop and sustain partnerships with teachers, school districts and educational organizations that align with the Newseum’s history, civics and media literacy curriculum and programs
• Assist with creating, organizing and maintaining resources for Education programming, including family days, NewsMania games and scavenger hunts
• Assist with Newseum education department public programs by developing and updating activities, conducting outreach to relevant constituents and coordinating logistics
• Assist with all aspects of Newseum Education’s social media presence including: researching topics in the Newseum archives; posting original content; writing blog posts; monitoring current events and retweeting relevant posts; engaging with followers; and analyzing trends for maximum impact.
• Research potential school and community partners and suggest programming ideas for collaboration
• Raiser’s Edge data entry and analysis
• Daily office tasks
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications • Interest in education, museums, marketing or communications
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong background in writing text for social media
• Familiarity with the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google Hangouts
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Photoshop
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced team environment
• Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in communicating information and determining reliability of sources.
• Interns must be available to work 15-20 hours per week, but scheduling is flexible.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident or possess unrestricted work authorization documentation
Application Deadline Monday, August 8, 2016
Application Process Please send your resume, a letter of interest and two references to:
Human Resources Department
555 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001
Please attach these materials as ONE document or PDF and name it LastName_FirstName.