The American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) is the nation's leading cancer advocacy organization. Together with our charitable partner, the American Cancer Society, we work in Congress, state legislatures and local jurisdictions to support evidence-based policy and legislative solutions designed to eliminate cancer as a major health problem. Based in Washington, DC with offices throughout the country, ACS CAN works to encourage elected officials and candidates to make cancer a top national priority.
The finance and operations intern will assist the American Cancer Society Action Network’s (ACS CAN) finance and operations team with the data capture framework for the ACS CAN Balanced Scorecard.
1. Research current data collection methods of teams and departments.
2. Analyze current tools that we have and utilize in storing performance measurement data.
3. Assist with developing data collection methods.
4. Assist in researching and determining possible software solutions for performance metric tracking.
5. Provide support in implementation of selected methods.
6. Assist with entering and maintaining data.
Candidates must be at least a college sophomore, preferably with a major or emphasis in business, accounting, consulting, information systems, business analytics or a related field. Candidates must also have strong oral, written and computer skills, be a team player, handle multiple tasks effectively, and have an interest in project oriented work.
All Interns Must meet the following requirements:
The following information must be submitted upon application: