Interns will assist the Education Department with research for online and on-site curriculum for grades 3-college. They will be required to adhere to Education Department practices and procedures.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Work with the Senior Education Manager and Outreach Coordinator to research potential school and community partners whose pedagogy aligns with the Newseum’s history, civics and media literacy curriculum and programs, then suggest programming ideas for collaboration
• Work with the Multimedia Curriculum Specialist to conduct web research in historic newspaper and other databases to identify primary sources for use in current and future curriculum materials
• Handle student and teacher requests for research assistance for National History Day, We the People, and other projects
• Assist with creating, organizing and maintaining resources for Education programming, including family days, gallery guides, teacher professional development workshops and Learning Center classes; then prepare select findings for publication
• Raiser’s Edge data entry and analysis
• Daily office tasks
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications • Interest in history or a research-based career
• Interest in education or museums
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Familiarity with internet research methods and sources
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced team environment
• Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in communicating information and determining reliability of sources.
• Interns must be available to work 15-20 hours per week, but scheduling is flexible.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident or possess unrestricted work authorization documentation
Application Deadline Monday, August 8, 2016
Application Process Please send your resume, a letter of interest and two references to:
Human Resources Department
555 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001
Please attach these materials as ONE document or PDF and name it FirstName_LastName.