Support the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards with CTA's benefit and compensation programs and all HRIS systems.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Sr. Manager with CTA's benefits administration.
- Assist the Sr. Manager with the annual performance appraisal process, compensation and incentive compensation program.
- Assist with Personnel/Payroll Action Forms for all payroll changes and requests each pay period.
- Provide assistance to the Sr. Manager with maintaining and updating employee information in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Assist with implementation of new HRIS in 2016.
- Assist with maintaining personnel files in compliance with legal requirements.
- Assist the Sr. Manager with planning, communication and execution of benefits/wellness fair and Open Enrollment.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) or experience with compensation and benefits preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and state employment laws preferred.
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, Organization Management or other related field preferred.
- High level of confidentiality is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter that can work independently, complete projects with little supervision, manage/prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and has a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
- Internship is 35 hours per week.
- Hourly wage: $15.00/hour.
- Travel to 2017 CES may be require