Global Communities is seeking an intern to join its Office of Strategic Partnerships at the Headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. The Strategic Partnerships Intern will learn about working in an international development organization and the role of the team responsible for individual giving and cultivation of partnerships with foundations and corporate social responsibility (CSR) teams.
- Gain understanding of corporate and foundation interests and requirements by reading and analyzing their websites, annual report and corporate social responsibility/sustainability reports and any grant requirements if they have a formal application process.
- Gain understanding of the prospect and partnership development process from identification, to cultivation, to solicitation and relationship management by participating in Strategic Partnerships team meetings, country and partnership strategy meetings, conducting background research, drafting capacity statements, supporting budget preparation, and preparing other necessary documentation for submitting an expression of interest, a targeted capacity statement or a concept note to a prospective foundation or corporate partners.
- Learn about Global Communities programs and effective communications with potential corporate partners by reviewing past marketing materials and slide decks and collaborating with the Communications team to prepare a master slide deck and overview of Global Communities core capabilities and past performance in select technical areas.
- Support development of success stories that convey the impact of Global Communities’ partnerships with corporations and foundations on individuals, families and communities.
- Conduct background research on prospective corporate and foundation partners and work with members of the Strategic Partnerships team to enter the information into Salesforce.
- Current student or recent graduate with/pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in International Development or relevant discipline. Master's students will be preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Work experience in an international setting highly preferred.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Valid US Work authorization required.