You will observe and be mentored concerning the following:
- Federal and State (MD, VA, DC, NY, various other states, etc.) income tax return preparation for individuals, businesses, partnerships, trusts, and estates.
- Well-defined tax, etc. research projects for individuals, businesses, partnerships, trusts, and estates.
- Preparing draft schedules (adding up gross receipts, classifying expenses into categories and adding them up for a business for example) with me.
- Preparing draft income tax returns with me.
- Computer-based research and writing concerning specific issues with me.
- Hands-on training and mentoring will be provided by me for every step concerning tax return preparation and research projects.
In short, you will have the opportunity to "learn by doing" and to ask questions along the way to enhance the learning, training, mentoring, and professional office experience for you.
For more information, visit http://careers4terps.umd.edu/ and search for job number 138548.