The White House Historical Association (WHHA) seeks Summer Interns interested in museum studies, education, history and the White House for its summer internship program. Applicants should be pursuing a degree in a related field and available between the months of June to August.
Interns will provide general administrative assistance to top members of the organization including, but not limited to conducting research, organizing and preparing materials, creating and editing correspondence and documents, and aiding in event planning and execution.
· Strong research, writing and analytical skills
· Strong and effective communication with an ability to work and collaborate with a wide variety of people
· Professional and friendly demeanor
· Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization. Basic project-organization skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to collaborate and achieve results with supervision, including ability to interact professionally with key internal and external stakeholders as needed.
· Strong organizational skills required, with ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently, and meet deadlines in a timely fashion
· Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
40 hours/week from June through August
This is a paid or for-credit internship position. The compensation rate is $15 per hour.
Please send cover letter and resume and include 2016 Summer Internship in the subject line to HR@whha.org.