People For the American Way is a nationwide advocacy organization that mobilizes its members and activists to fight for public policies that reflect the values of freedom, fairness, and equal opportunity; to champion constitutional protections and civil rights. People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values.
The development department intern assists the development staff with various aspects of our fundraising activities related to donor research, event planning, mailings and outreach, and other cultivation activities.
- Prepare and help assemble major donor mailings and solicitations
- Assist in the creation of materials for donor solicitation events around the country
- Conduct research to evaluate current and prospective individual donors to match their interest with the program priorities of People for the American Way/People For the American Way Foundation
- Work with development staff to develop reports to aid in donor solicitation and tracking
- Analyze current donor files to help ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information in the files
- Conduct research on foundations to identify new donors whose grants portfolio match the program priorities of PFAW/F
- Assist with development and fundraising administrative tasks when needed
- Computer proficiency including experience using online research tools and MSOffice
- Excellent organizational and writing skills
- Great attention to detail
- An interest in non-profit development and a commitment to People For issues
Internships are unpaid. We provide interns working six hours per day with an $8 per day per diem to help defray transportation costs to and from the People For office; some restrictions apply.
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Intern" in the subject line.