Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Assist in planning and executing VIP, donor and member events.
• Support the membership and donor relations teams with payments and benefits fulfillment.
• Assist with the production of gift and sponsorship stewardship reports.
• Conduct research and assist with the organization and storage of prospect and member information.
• Help maintain an organized and comprehensive data filing, entry and retrieval system.
• Provide general department support
Qualifications • Bachelor's degree or current enrollment in a college or university as an upper-level undergraduate or graduate student.
• Familiarity with data systems and software programs: Microsoft Office, Raiser's Edge and searching resources (such as Google and Lexis-Nexis).
• Availability to work some evening events.
• Coursework and/or demonstrated interest in one or more of these fields: journalism, computer or library science, museum studies, arts or business administration.
• Interest in fundraising.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism in communicating information and determining reliability of sources.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced team environment.
Interns must be available to work 2-3 days a week, but scheduling is flexible.
Application Deadline Monday, August 15, 2016
Application Process Please send your resume, a letter of interest and two references to:
Human Resources Department
555 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001
Please attach these materials as ONE document or PDF and name it LastName_FirstName.
For questions, contact Mandie Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.