Eurasia Group 2016 summer internship opportunity with focus on political risk in South/North Korea
This internship will be unpaid and based at Eurasia Group’s offices in Washington, DC. and consulting firm. Our mission is to assist investors, companies, and public-sector institutions capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics and policy on markets around the world.
We are seeking a spring intern to support our coverage of the Koreas within our Asia practice. The intern will work with Eurasia Group’s senior analyst for the Koreas (and Japan) to identify, monitor, and analyze political and economic developments there. The internship will provide opportunities to learn about the political risk field, develop competencies applicable to it, and network with Eurasia Group analysts responsible for coverage of countries in Asia and other regions.
- Follow and report on key developments in Korean politics and public policies
- Provide targeted research for use in client-facing products on specific topics (e.g., research notes and reports, responses to client inquiries, power point presentations)
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools (e.g., policy trackers, informational graphics, new topics and themes meriting deeper coverage)
- Educational background in international affairs, political science, and/or business;
- Native-level fluency or high degree of proficiency in Korean;
- Ability to perform research and analysis using primary Korean-language sources;
- Knowledge of and interest in the Koreas and their political economies;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Background and interest in Japan would be highly desirable (including Japanese language ability)
Timeframe: Summer 2016 or longer; number of days (and times) available per week can be flexible