Government Affairs Project Administrator Position for Recent Grad with Microsoft
The US Government Affairs (USGA) team is looking for government affairs project manager/administrator support to work in a fast-paced environment to assist members of the USGA team located in Washington, DC and to provide related government affairs support and project management. The position is principally to provide operations and project management with a strong focus on policies and procedures while closely partnering with others in similar roles and providing value to the team supported. The required skills are: time and project management, communication, ability to handle confidential information, good work ethic and critical thinking skills. Responsibilities also include researching government affairs issues impacting business strategy, attending association meetings, and collaborating with internal teams on cross-group projects. Candidate must be able to quickly learn Microsoft internal tools, processes, and structure. Ability to communicate well and critical, proactive thinking are a must. This person should have strong IT skills to support evangelism of Microsoft’s products, services, and positions across a range of collaboration, social and productivity platforms. In addition, this person will have the opportunity to represent the company to external audiences and communicate Microsoft’s technology vision and perspective on general policy issues and technology trends.
• Good understanding of Congress and the legislative process.
• Good understanding of the legislative process at the state and local levels.
• Excellent skills in MS Office suite is a must – particularly strong proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Windows is required.
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft systems and tools is a plus.
• Work independently without significant oversight or instruction. Be willing to take initiative.
• Demonstrate a positive "can-do" attitude.
• Must have strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality and follow corporate policy and ethics guidelines. Must maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information with discretion and professionalism.
• Develop collaborative relationships with others who have a diverse set of working styles and perspectives. Track record of being an enthusiastic and effective team player with experience leading and influencing others to ensure successful outcomes. Adaptable and must work successfully in a team/partnership environment, build and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of contributors.
• Be creative, curious, and an effective communicator across all levels of the organization in both written and verbal mediums.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, changing environment, under pressure, on short-notice, and take appropriate action. Operate with composure and flexibility under pressure.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, anticipatory, and written communication skills.
• Willing to travel, as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing business support to USGA team members.
• Supporting events and external outreach.
• Representing the company publicly in a variety of settings.
• Evangelizing Microsoft products/services and effectively use social media tools.
• Researching, writing, editing and proofing policy papers and talking points.
• Coordinating communication and collaboration across teams.
• Managing calendaring in order to ensure accuracy in scheduling and organization.
• Developing an understanding of the Rhythm of Business to contribute to planning discussions and anticipate business needs and challenges.
• Maintaining internal website content and OneNote notebooks.
• Serving as a resource for organizational and corporate policies and procedures.
• Two year college degree or four year degree required, BA/BS strongly preferred
• 1+ years of work experience in an professional environment/internship required