WPA Research welcomes undergraduate and graduate students to participate in our
rolling internship program. We are currently looking for Fall 2016 Interns. Research
interns will gain valuable experience in polling, consulting, politics, marketing and
analysis. Internships are available in our Washington, DC office.
Intern Daily Job Responsibilities:
- Background research on prospective clients and issue areas
- Pulling together topline results and writing memos to clients from recent polling
- Creating and editing research presentations for client projects
- Preparing data books
- Operational responsibilities – overnighting packages, general office errands, taking phone messages.
Follow this link to a recent blog post about the WPA Internship experience.
- Has a passion for politics, policy, campaigns and elections
- Reads poll results and cares about the latest in who’s winning and losing and what issues matter to voters and our clients
- Took coursework in two or more of the following: political science, public policy,statistics, computer sciences or programming, sociology, government, international relations, communications, business, economics, or any blended coursework that teaches qualitative and quantitative research concepts
- Does not fear numbers or trying new technologies
- Enjoys working in a fast paced office setting with collaboration and debate and nerf gun
- Is an Excel and PowerPoint ninja
- Can clearly and intelligently communicate him/herself in writing
Program Dates & Information:
We offer flexible start dates. Our Fall program will begin the week of August 1 through
beginning of December. Interns hours are flexible based on individual needs but all
interns should expect to work at least 30 hours/week. If you are seeking college credit,
please include details necessary to fulfill your program in your application.
If you hit at least 4 of these 7 qualification points, please email us a resume, a writing
sample, and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit.
Ryan Reynolds; Vice President