Student PIT Crew SpecialistJob Type/Requirements: $8.25+ shift differential; Part time; Undergraduate Students only
The PIT Crew position is a very hands-on job that is perfect for outgoing and friendly students who want a position that offers more than just working behind a desk. This position requires a minimum of 10 regularly scheduled hours per week during the semester (Monday-Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.). Available to work on call some evenings and weekends totaling approximately 10 hours per week. Limited Winter/Summer term hours available as needed. Must work all MD home football games and men’s home basketball games.
To Apply - Send resume, cover letter, and class schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org
This student should have:
- Excellent customer service skills/experience
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with campus buildings, departmental locations, roads, and parking areas
- Required to work outside in all types of weather
- Prolonged standing, walking bending and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs required.
- Must possess an active and valid driver’s license (point limitations discussed during interview)
Additional information on position:
- 40% - Special Events – The DOTS Special Events section staffs and manages parking operations for nearly 500 campus events annually. Student employees will function as lot attendants to reserve parking spaces, distribute permits, install signage, communication event details, and direct University guests where to park. During the Fall/Spring semester, student employees work University Open Houses, Career Fairs, Graduations, Home Football and Men’s Basketball games, and miscellaneous departmental Special Events. Available to work all Home Football and Men’s Home Basketball games (September – February: evenings during the week and weekends - approximately 25 games). Prolonged standing, walking, and bending required. Required to work in all types of weather. Training provided.
- 40% - STRS (Student Ticket Review Section) –Student employees to adjudicate parking ticket reviews. The STRS section adjudicates approximately 12,000 student parking ticket reviews annually. Student ticket reviews are submitted in writing within 15 days of issuance. STRS student staff review, research and either void, reduce, or deny student ticket reviews. Training provided.
- 10% - Motorist Assistance Vehicle Program (MAV) – The Motorist Assistance Vehicle program has provided free lockout, jumpstart, tire inflation, and gas transportation services (taking customers to purchase gas) to the campus community for nearly fifteen years. Student MAV employees will train with existing staff to perform lockouts, jumpstarts, and gas transports. No technical experience is required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- 10% - Other Duties as Assigned – Students may be asked to perform courier and mail runs for the department, conduct lot surveys, identify lost/stolen permits, prepare event setups, etc.
- Be at least 18 years old and be currently enrolled in a University System of Maryland School.
- Be able to work after hour shift, evenings and weekends on short notice.
- Be able to work outside in varied types of weather including rain, snow and heat.
- Possess a valid driver's license.