Provides assistance to the entire Campaigns team in:
1. Producing analyses of political intelligence on AARP strategic issues including legislative,
electoral and media trends.
2. Analyzing the voting records and positions of key members of Congress and monitoring
selected interest groups to leverage campaign effectiveness.
3. Assisting the members of the Campaign Management in developing tactics for issue campaigns
and monitoring their effectiveness.
4. Working with social media to support AARP issue campaigns.
- Works under the close supervision of Campaign management staff. Individual should be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team. Overall, the intern will:
- Work closely with the Manager, Political Intelligence Campaign Strategy and other members of the Campaigns team as necessary, to support the goals of .AARP Campaigns in general
- Prepare materials related to AARP’s multi-state campaigns by utilizing PowerPoint, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Gather research and compile information and recommendations regarding priority advocacy issues. This could include online searches, reviewing publications, and accessing library materials.
- The intern should have the ability to work under tight deadlines at times and be able to cope with a fast-paced environment.