Development Transformations (DT) seeks unpaid interns to learn first hand about the duties related to its international governance, civil society, and stabilization programming. The position is based at our Washington, D.C. office in Dupont Circle. Under the supervision of DT program staff, interns typically work on a broad variety of projects including: drafting project proposals and concept papers, drafting reports, drafting program budgets, supporting staff deployments, preparing and reviewing expense forms, and other administrative tasks critical to working on government contracts and grants. Interns also have the opportunity to work on a substantive research project of their choosing and related to DT's current or future work, regions of interest, etc.
Applications for internships are reviewed on a rolling basis for the following hiring window:
- Fall 2016: This is a part-time internship (approximately 15-20 hours per week) starting in September 2016.
- Provide support for current USAID and DoD contracts and programs;
- Assist in the development of international development concept papers and proposals;
- Provide support for program design, training, workshops and meetings;
- Attend events in Washington, DC and write memos summarizing the key points;
- Provide support to DT's Managing Directors.
- Work experience in international development or related field preferred;
- Travel and/or work experience in foreign countries preferred;
- Interest and knowledge of the Middle East, Africa, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Central Asia, and/or other regions strongly preferred;
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude, and strong organization skills;
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills to effectively present information;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
When applying, please include your availability (days/hours) in your cover letter on in the online application. Apply here.