- Concierge Services: We are seeking an intern that will employ book knowledge, excellent communication skills, and data management strategies to provide special order partners with high levels of service. Responsibilities include researching children’s book titles, preparing purchase orders for publishers, and drafting communications for current and prospective special order partners. The ideal candidate will be empathetic, detail oriented, and will love books
- First Book Marketplace: Participate in product research on new books and other educational products including descriptions, key words and categorizations for both Marketplace and Book Bank.
- First Book National Book Bank: Support in other operational duties including reading book bank applications, tagging products into categories, reviewing potential product lists, etc.
- Human Resources: Assist with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, on boarding/orientation and employee benefits.
- Information Technology: We are undergoing a Technology Transformation to improve the applications we use and general infrastructure to support the organization. Join us to take part in projects related to Infrastructure as well as applications to support eCommerce, Business Intelligence and CRM.
- Marketing and Communications: Update and maintain social media presence including Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Pinterest and others as applicable. Designing flyers, graphics, editing movies and other marketing material.
- National Engagement: Assist in the development and execution of direct marketing campaigns designed to recruit and engage new non-profit partners and recipient groups.
- New Business Development: Support the Business Development team in developing new business leads for corporate partnerships and cause-marketing campaigns for First Book, a leader in both philanthropy and public-private sector partnerships, focused on children’s literacy.
- Publisher Relations: Assist in managing relationships with publishing partners, children’s author’s and focus on increasing activity via the First Book Marketplace and supporting the Publisher Relations team.
- Strategic Alliances: Implement cause-based marketing campaigns for some of First Book’s corporate partners. Examples include Cheerios, Build-A-Bear Workshop, and Baskin-Robbins.
- Team First Book: A fundraising opportunity for individuals who are passionate about elevating the quality of education in their communities by providing kids in need with the books, educational resources, and basic need items kids need to read, learn, and succeed. Through our Virtual Book Drive crowd funding platform, TFB allows a wide audience of participants across the country to raise funds in their community for schools and programs in their communities.
**First Book will pay commuting costs throughout the internship**