Green America's Green Business Network® is the first, largest, and most diverse network of socially and environmentally responsible businesses in the country. This internship works with some of the most cutting-edge, social enterprise businesses in the county. Comprised of 3,000 businesses, the Green Business Network is home to both rising social and eco enterprises and the most established green businesses around. We provide the tools, the information, and the consumer base to help businesses thrive in today's competitive green marketplace. Started in 1983, Green America is a nonprofit, membership organization whose mission is to harness economic power – the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace – to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Businesses apply for and receive the Green Business Certification. After becoming certified, businesses are eligible to be listed in The National Green Pages, our flagship publication.
This internship works with the businesses to:
• Receive their Green Business Certification while gaining an understanding of the sustainability standards over 47 industries; and
• Ensure that businesses are engaged and utilizing their membership benefits.
The internship is a hands-on experience on how a nonprofit, green business association operates:
• Gaining knowledge and expertise on how social media drives new membership development to how members renew;
• What online and communication tools help businesses thrive within the Green Economy/Marketplace; and
• Developing and marketing membership benefits that help businesses grow.
• Available 16 hours a week (at least 4 hours/day in Washington DC office)
• Strong writer with the ability to proofread and edit
• Detail oriented and effective problem –solver
• Working knowledge of social media marketing tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
A $50/week stipend is provided.
Applications accepted until November 3, 2016.
If interested, students can find the position in Careers4Terps by searching the posting’s title, “Green Business Network Intern”