*Log into Careers4Terps and search for "U.S. Programs Intern -Fall" to read more and apply.
HIAS seeks a U.S. Programs intern to help respond to the global refugee crisis. S/he works with the U.S. Programs team on initiatives affecting refugees, asylees and special immigrant visa (SIV) holders resettling in the United States.The position is unpaid but may be pursued for academic credit. A semester or quarter commitment is required.
- Researches and analyzes U.S. sites where refugees resettle.
- Identifies and analyzes community dynamics, institutions, capacity and networks to help determine the viability of specific American communities.
- Assists in the design and implementation of a business plan that will contribute to the organizations growth and impact.
- Researches opportunities for resource development in local communities and at the national levels
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree; strong interest in refugee resettlement, human rights, international relations, and immigration.
- Experience with immigrants, asylees, and/or refugees preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and written communication skills; critical thinking and cross-cultural communication skills strongly desired.
- Detail oriented; ability to handle various tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
Applications Accepted Until: September 07, 2016