Blue Engine Message and Media provides innovative strategic communications solutions to the complex challenges facing corporations, non-profits and advocacy groups. Our approach combines the best practices of long-term corporate planning with short-term political rapid response techniques to design and manage effective communications campaigns.
Blue Engine works with clients to provide a variety of services, including brand reputation and management, establishment and maintenance of coalitions and strategic partnerships, crisis management, message development, issue advocacy, social media and digital communications, and public relations planning and outreach.
Interns will be assigned to a number of client teams, and their work within the firm will be focused on bolstering Blue Engines provision of the above-listed services. We are seeking internship candidates who are self-motivated and able to tackle a variety of different tasks. Interns will be charged with a range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring media outlets and compiling press clippings relevant to client teams
- Compiling and editing video news clips relevant to client teams
- Assisting in creation of quarterly media reports for clients
- Assembling lists of relevant media contacts
- Pitching client-based stories to media outlets
- Drafting written materials, such as digital communications, media advisories, press releases, client memos, and letters to the editor.
- Participating in regular client update calls, check ins with client teams, and staff meetings
- Researching issues, organizations, reporters, and stakeholders relevant to client teams.
Junior or Senior Undergraduate with interest in Public Relations and Public Affairs. Prior experience not necessary, but preferred. Writing and social media experience very helpful.
Applications accepted until September 22, 2016.
If interested, students can find the position in Careers4Terps by searching the posting’s ID number – 144178