We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter to support our efforts to launch and manage innovative social sector projects.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
Project Support (60-70%)
- Support the team’s management of a large portfolio of fiscally sponsored and incubated projects
- Maintain up-to-date project data and information in various technology systems, including Salesforce. Ensure documents and information are up to date on various technology systems and platforms, including client-facing intranet websites and Salesforce platforms.
- Enter projects and budgets into time-tracking system and provide reports to managers.
- Ensure project electronic files are organized and up-to-date.
- Produce reports from project data systems to identify, locate and correct missing or erroneous project information. Assist with team-wide data gathering and measurement of key indicators.
- Maintain and organize team process and procedure documents, including templates, on all platforms, ensuring version control.
- Coordinate logistics for client and project meetings.
- Support grant and contract management processes
- Manage the signatory process, ensuring that documents are signed in a timely fashion.
- Assist with preparation of subgrant dockets, such as running OFAC checks, drafting agreements, etc.
- Enter grant, contribution, subgrant and contract information into Salesforce.
- Support project financial management
- Research unidentified donations to determine appropriate project designation, including contacting donors.
- Submit payment requests, ensuring accurate coding and documentation.
- Download and format monthly project financial reports, including transaction data, for account managers’ review.
- Support project human resources management
- Facilitate the approval and hiring process for new employees, provide support in gathering documentation and managing data entry for processing new hires.
Administrative Support (~30-40%)
- Contribute to the implementation of more efficient processes, systems and technology
- Contribute to data gathering and measurement for business operation goals
- Other administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Superior attention to detail
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of computer proficiency, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Up to two years of experience in an administrative support role
- Experience with Salesforce, database programs, intranets and web-based communication tools
Read more and apply here.