- Job ID:2016-1525
- Job Locations: US-DC-Washington
Berkeley Research Group provides independent advice, data analytics, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines, including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement, and strategy consulting.
The Recruiting and Training Intern will provide support to the Staff Recruiting and Training teams. The Intern will be tasked with general administrative responsibilities related to campus recruiting, Junior Staff and Experienced Hire Recruiting, and Training/Professional Development. Responsibilities will include identifying, tracking, coordinating, and communicating with potential candidates and Managers. The ideal candidate will be a rising college Senior or recent graduate, have previous work or internship experience, and be looking for an entrepreneurial environment in which they can develop and grow their professional skills. The candidate should express an interest in learning about recruiting and training or other HR-related fields. This position can be part-time or full-time.
- Prepare correspondence including letters, faxes, memos and emails.
- Organize recruiting materials specific to campus recruiting.
- Coordinate and prepare all word processing projects, proofread documents for grammatical accuracy, prepare documents for outside or in-house distribution, including: photocopying, scanning, postage, arranging for couriers, etc.
- Process check requests and expense reimbursements.
- Set up and manage job postings to attract qualified candidates.
- Utilize Applicant Tracking System to document all recruits in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance related to compliance with OFCCP recruiting and applicant tracking requirements.
- Assist with initial resume review, evaluating candidates’ qualifications and strengths compared with job requirements.
- Coordinate logistics of interviews with BRG staff and communicate scheduled appointments.
- Assist in organizing internal training programs, including room reservations and scheduling, and day-of course logistics.
- Manage logistics and licensing for BRG’s online training platforms.
- Assist in coordinating New Hire Training, including putting together materials for new hires, catering, and day-of training logistics.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, such as current consulting staff and hiring managers, as well as external stakeholders, such as candidates, educational institutions and job boards.
- Collaborate across all offices to ensure BRG maintains a consistent brand.
- A Bachelor’s degree or progression towards a degree.
- Prior work or internship experience with a professional services firm.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook (or similar email application).
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively manage time and priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships and networks.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system is a plus.
- Familiarity with OFCCP tracking and reporting requirements is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus.